I can’t verify my ShopBack account. What should I do?
You encounter this issue when trying to sign up or when you request email validation in order to access a service such as Cashback withdrawal.
What you can try
Check that the email address you gave is correct and your email service is not blocking us.
Make sure you’ve typed in your registered email correctly. (Although it seems impossible, it’s surprisingly common.)
Sometimes, you need to manually refresh your web browser or email app.
We hope this isn’t the case, but you may need to check and see that ShopBack hasn’t been blocked. Different email service providers have different ways of finding and unblocking accounts:
If none of these work, try changing the registered email address to a new one.
ShopBack PayLater Activation
There are several factors that affect your ShopBack PayLater activation through identity verification.
- You’re using the same approved identity document which you used at the start of the registration process.
- Your document is in good condition and not damaged (e.g. crumpled or stained).
- Your document’s photos should be of good quality and not be affected by any strong light reflection.
- Your document should be completely visible and not covered by anything.
If your selfie isn't visible, please make sure to:
- Ensure that your face is fully visible in the photo.
- Take the selfie in a well-lit environment.
- If you've taken a photo of the wrong side of your identity document, don't worry you can still retake your photo.
- However, if you took the wrong photo and already submitted it, just contact Sparky, ShopBack’s friendly virtual assistant for help.
- ShopBack PayLater is currently only available for Malaysian customers.
- We have taken note of customers who want to use passports to verify their ShopBack PayLater account.
If you have provided your identification data to ShopBack for the purposes of using ShopBack PayLater, your identification data will be kept for 2 years after the deletion of your account.
During this period, you would not be able to use the identification data to create another ShopBack account or using it to verify your identity.