This guide explains everything you need to know about paying and managing your ShopBack PayLater instalments. We’ll go over spending limits, payment methods and missed payments.
Check your spending limit before making a purchase by going to the Available to spend section in the ShopBack app. Your spending limit depends on:
- How long you’ve been a ShopBack user.
- The number of PayLater purchases you’ve made.
- How often you use other ShopBack products.
Based on these factors, your spending limit might also change in the future.
PayLater instalment payment methods
We offer 2 types of PayLater payment methods:
- Manual payment
This is the default payment method. We'll automatically deduct outstanding instalments from the selected card in your ShopBack account.
We’ll automatically deduct payments following this schedule:
- 1st instalment: Upfront payment
- 2nd instalment: 30 days from checkout (purchase date + 30 days)
- 3rd instalment: 60 days from checkout (purchase date + 60 days)
You can find your schedule by going to Account → Transactions → PayLater.
Updating your payment method
You may need to update your card if your default payment method is running over the card limit. To update your default card, select Account → Linked payment method → Add a credit or debit card securely. Then, select a new card to set as the default payment method for ShopBack PayLater bills.
Unfortunately, there’ll be late payment fees on overdue payments.
|Order Value||Late Payment Charge|
|RM0.00 - 99.99||RM7.50|
|RM100.00 - 499.99||RM25.00|
|RM500.00 and above||RM75.00|
Note: ShopBack reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice. If any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions will be posted on this website immediately.
You can pay your ShopBack PayLater instalments outside of the scheduled due dates.
How it works
You can use your card, Cashback, or a combination of both to make manual payments.
- Cashback will be offset from the earliest instalment payment’s due date.
- Any remaining Cashback after the earliest instalment payment will be offset from the second payment and continue to the last instalment.
- For example, if you’ve got a total of RM100 Cashback and used RM10 to offset your 1st upfront payment, this will leave you with RM90 Cashback. Now, you can use this amount to offset the rest of your payments.
To make a manual payment, go to Account → Bills & Payment → Upcoming Bills and tap Pay Now.
Note that if you’ve paid two or more instalments at the same time, you’ll still receive one payment statement on your card.
When you can use manual payment
Manual payments can be used for 3 different scenarios.
Make early payments before the scheduled due date and at least 3 days after the order date via the ShopBack app.
Pay your overdue bill within 2 days from the date it’s due before the late payment fees kick in.
Make a late payment after a failed instalment payment. This will include the late payment fees.
Managing late payments
We get it, sometimes you may overlook or forget a payment. Don't worry, a ShopBack representative will contact you about your overdue payments to provide any necessary assistance. If you’re unsure, the collections team is contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org.